10/23/09

Hunting Spooks

I like almost all the ghost hunter shows. Some I watch for the possibly that something strange might be caught on film, some to see the locations and some just to laugh at the antics. Last week there were two new ones on A&E and Discover Channel. One called Extreme Paranormal and the other Ghost Lab. Extreme Paranormal (EP) was far out there. They guys were into summoning circles, circles for protection and pentagrams, all of which are usually associated with witchcraft. I wasn't impress with it at all. They tried to call up the ghost of a guy who was burned to death while in prison. They outlined a figure on the floor, poured lighter fluid on it, while one guy cut himself and dropped blood on the fire to "call" up the spirit. If I was the spirit I'd run like hell from these nuts. They also went to Bonito Lake in New Mexico. I firmly believe that the use of pentagrams and blood is related to darker things than ghost hunting and think that these guys are playing with the potential for call in up something that they don't want and won't know how to handle. They are worse that Paranormal State for seeking demons. Attention guys, demons are bad!! You don't want a demon. The chubby cheeked "hunters" were loud, silly and relied on what they thought they "felt".
The other show Ghost Lab (GL) featured a group from San Antonia, TX. They were well organized with slick voice over. Ghost Lab is the name of their command center which housed their equipment. They were investigating in Tombstone. It's hard not to find a ghost in Tombstone. The visited The Birdcage, Boot Hill and the silver mines. They didn't use as many cameras as they should have. They were way too noisy. I think you have to shut up to hear anything when looking for the paranormal. Both teams relied on provoking and there was a lot of clowning around. GL did have the first black ghost hunter that I have seen on TV. Both were copies of Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International. I will watch EP to amaze myself at the ignorance of this bunch. And will watch GL because they have potential and they are good ole boys from Texas. But so far my favorites remain GH and GHI even though I sometimes get a bit disgusted with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment