11/17/09

Wally World

A turkey dinner for eight as low as $20? When I saw that ad I thought it was just some more of the stores' hype. But it seems that they are actually offering the meal's ingredients for twenty dollars. Of course a lot of cooks are going to want to make homemade dressing, but I'm not one of them. I like to use stove top stuffing and dress it up to suit my taste. And I like the three cans of veggies. Yeah! I cook out of a can too. The only item on the list that I don't like is the pumpkin roll cake. I'm not a big fan of pumpkin . Plus I have got to have a spiral cut ham. Anyway it looks like Wal-mart is actually offering a pretty good deal. According to a survey by the American Farm Bureau Federation, last year’s average cost of a turkey was roughly $1.19 per pound. Beginning today, select Grade A turkeys are available for 40 cents per pound at Wal-mart. A turkey for about five bucks is a pretty good deal if one can tear themselves away from the Butterball aisle. These gobblers are part of Wal-mart’s $20 Thanksgiving menu guaranteeing family favorites will be on the dinner table this holiday season. Walmart’s $20 Thanksgiving feast includes:
One 12-pound Grade A turkey
Three 11 to 15.5-ounce cans Green Giant vegetables
Two 14-ounce cans Ocean Spray cranberry sauce
Three 6-ounce boxes of Stove Top stuffing
One 5-pound bag of red potatoes
One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
One 22-ounce pumpkin roll cake

No comments:

Post a Comment